Topic Brainstorm

 Topic Brainstorm

Elephants (link, link)

To start off, I find elephants very fascinating. They are massive and have such unique characteristics. Another astonishing fact is that they consume up to 330 pounds of plants per day! On top of think that elephants are just cool, they also play a culturally significant role in India which could be used throughout my stories. I have a fair amount of knowledge about elephants, including facts and behaviors that they often exhibit. This should work to my advantage.

National Museum - New Delhi - Via Wikipedia

Yoga (link)

Yoga is a fantastic way to exercise the body. It can help with flexibility, strength and overall well-being. With that said, yoga isn't only a physical workout. It can also be used to ease and free the mind. I have always been interest and physical and mental fitness and this is something that many people use to achieve that. This initially originated in ancient India. Because of this, it has a rich history there which I can incorporate to my stories as I move forward through this course. I have a decent amount of prerequisite knowledge pertaining to the topic which will also help me. I would like to learn more about yoga's history in India.

Karma (link)

I am somewhat familiar with the concept of karma. As the Wikipedia article mentioned, Karma refers to the spiritual cause and effect. The concept is intriguing to me, but unfortunately I am not very knowledgeable on the topic. Hopefully that changes this semester. My understanding is more of the "western" world and less of traditional background. The concept has rich traditions in Indian religions. 

Food (link)

I selected this as one of my potential topics because I had known that around one-third of India is vegetarian. I, myself, am vegan so this is a very interesting topic to me. After reading up about the topic, I discovered that they use many ingredients that I had never heard of before. Throughout the semester I hope to better understand how food relates to their culture. 

Comments

Popular Posts