Reading Notes: Finishing Epified Mahabharata (Part A)

 Reading Notes: Finishing Epified Mahabharata (Part A)

For this week's reading assignments I have decided to finish the Epified YouTube channel's version of the Mahabharata. I have previously watched episodes one through seventeen. For this week I will watch episodes eighteen through fifty-two. Today I have watched the first seventeen of the remaining thirty-five and will watch the other eighteen later this evening. Like my other assignments, I have selected the strory that stood out to me most that will leave me with the best foundation for a storytelling assignment. The story I have selected for Part A is "Arjun's Exile". The story begins by saying that Draupadi should only be wife to one of the brothers at a time. If one agrees, they will go to exile for 12 years. Arjun head a man crying and asked him what was wrong. The ma. responded that someone broke in and robbed him. Arjun was shocked to hear to hear that there were thieves and told the man that he would help him. Arjun went into Yudhishthir's chambers to retrieve his bow to help the man. Arjun knew that he had sentenced himself to 12 years in exile. On his way, he used his arrows to defeat the thieves and return the cows to the man. He then made his way to exile. I think this story has a good base. I could create a story where an act of generosity resulted in a severe punishment like there was in this story. However, I would like to make it a modernized version that takes place here in America much like my other stories. 

Arjuna exile for 12 years in Mahabharata alone, Why?
Arjun with the bow from Yudhishthira's chamber - Via Mythgyaan

Bibliography: Arjun's Exile, Epified YouTube Channel

Comments

Popular Posts