Week 2 Reading Overview

 Week 2 Reading Overview

I have chosen the Tiny Tales as my Ramayana selection. There are a few reasons why this is my choice. I am firm believer that hard copies are superior, it allows me to highlight, bookmark, and overall learn better. The Public Domain option does not provide that option. Then of the two left, I chose Tiny Tales because not only is the hard copy cheaper, but also I like the format of having two hundred individual one hundred word stories.

Tiny Tales, the Ramayana I will be purchasing - Via Gibbs & Amazon

As for the comic books, my first selection is "Kumbhakarna: The Sleeping Giant". The initial reason I clicked it was the cover photo, it made me chuckle seeing such a large man slinging around the smaller people. The comic itself was quite intriguing. My second selection is "Monkey Stories: Jataka Tales of Wile and Wisdom". Like the first, what initially made me click was the cover photo. The tales themselves consist of personified animals which I found engaging. Next up, the videos. My first selection was "Harry Potter Meets Hindu Mythology". As I grew up, I watched the Harry Potter movies so that is what got me initially interested. The video didn't disappoint! The next video I chose was "Stages of Life". Despite my life not exactly replicating what was said in the video (so far), it is very interesting to learn about the culture of others. 

                                                    

Comments

Popular Posts