Week 8 Reading and Writing

 Week 8 Reading and Writing

After going through my blog and portfolio, I really like the layout of both. Of course everyone has their own opinion, but I find them both easy to navigate and visually appealing. I also went back and read my reading blog posts and the stories I have written. Throughout the semester I can see that I have become more confident in my story writing abilities. It is a lot of fun! Before this semester, I never wrote stories. I have alway been in STEM based classes and most of the papers I write are science-based research papers. There is essentially zero creativity in those types of papers so it's fun to get to use a bit of the creativity that has been in hiding! The reading that I enjoyed most was Tiny Tales from the Ramayana. It was a very fun read and I enjoyed being able to read stories from another culture. Looking forward, I want to incorporate more dialogue into my stories. I don't really have any dialogue in any of my stories and I believe that it would give them a bit more depth. The two images that I used that mean the most to me are below.

Image result for buzzer beater basketball
I selected this image, because basketball is my favorite sport. I grew up playing basketball competitively and I still play it recreationally when I can. I also love watching basketball both the NCAA and NBA levels! It was fun to get to write about the sport that I love most. - Via USA Today

Comments

Popular Posts