Reading Notes: Epified Mahabharata (Part B)

 Reading Notes: Epified Mahabharata (Part B)

For Part B of this week's reading, I have continued on with the second part of the Epified YouTube channel's telling of the Mahabharata. I really enjoy how they present the stories. Not only do we get the story like we do when we read them, but we also get see the illustrations along with the stories. This helps me visualize the story much better! For this assignment I have watched videos 9-17, and selected the one that stood out to me most. The story leaves me with a fantastic foundation for me to build a unique and creative story on for any story telling assignments in the future. The story/video that I selected is titled "The Magic Potion". Unconscious Bheema was in the water drowning. He was sinking deeper and deeper into the water. As this happened, poisonous serpents came up and began biting him. To any male mortal, these surely would have been fatal. As he broke free and regained consciousness, Bheema began to fight back toward the snake. The snakes went from the attackers to trying to get away to be free. When Bheema finished fighting the snakes, he found himself at a great depth below the surface. Down at these depths, Vasuki (a very large snake/serpent) found him. After a short while, Vasuki gifted Bheema a magic drink (potion). This magic potion gave Bheema the strength of 1000 elephants which would help him fight off many threats to him and his family. It transformed him into a hero. He began swimming back to the surface. End of the story. I think I could make this into a fun to read story. I haven't exactly come up with the plot of my version yet. One idea I am considering is making up another superhero. The potion will be given from an old wise man and transform an ordinary college student into a villain fighting super hero. One element I would like to add is that no one knows it's him, like superman. He will continue going to his college classes, but no one will know that he secretly fights crime. 

Statue of Bhima in Bali, Indonesia - Via Wikipedia

Bibliography: The Magic Potion, The Epified YouTube Channel

Comments

Popular Posts