Reading Notes: Twenty Jataka Tales (Part A)

Reading Notes: Twenty Jataka Tales (Part A)

For this week, I have chosen to read "Twenty Jataka Tales" by Noor Inayat. For today's assignment I have read the first ten and I will be reading the next ten tomorrow. Of the ten that I have read, I have selected one that I believe gives me the best foundation for me to build a creative story on for this week's storytelling assignment. The story that I have chosen is titled "The Empty Lake". The story begins by giving a visual description of the lake and by saying that a group of fish came together. While together, one of the fish was to tell a story which makes up the rest of this empty lake story. The original story is about a king that is a fish. However, I want to change it up drastically. My idea is to still have the setting as a lake and the fish will still come together for a story. However, the story will be drastically different. I want the story to be about a tale of a king fish from many years ago that was taken by a fisherman and was never seen again. In my version many of the fish will be apprehensive to believe that it is a real story because they have never personally seen a fisherman. Whilst one of the fish tells the story, one of the fish will head over to get some food that is sinking down and will get hooked by a fish-man  . That fish will never be seen again and of course all of the fish will ow take the original story seriously.

Largemouth Bass in water
Fish on a hook similar to my future story - Via Live About

Bibliography: Twenty Jataka Tales (The Empty Lake), by Noor Inayat

Comments

Popular Posts